Tuesday 20 March 2012

Yoga socks # 1


Don't stop me now, I'm on a roll!  I made these yoga socks a while ago now and although I'm in the middle of making up yoga socks # 2, I think the first pattern is good enough to put up here!
This pattern is one size again, but can be tried on and adjusted as you go, feel free to adjust the number of rows in the cuff, the length of the chain at the start of the foot section, the number of rows...
I made these with about half a skein of jitterbug again, and with a 3.5mm hook.
(Make 2)
Cuff:
1: ch 19, sc in 2nd ch from hook and sc across, turn (18)
2-46: ch1, sc in back loop only across, turn.
Sl st together the back loop only and the bumps in the underside of the beginning ch.  Fasten off.
Foot:
1: Rejoin yarn in the end of the 15th row end, ch1 and sc in same st as join, work 1 sc in each row end for another 21 rows (22sc in total), ch27 (49)
2:sc in first sc of row one (the remainder of the sock is worked in the round), you might want to use a stitch marker here to mark the start of the round
3-22: sc around
continue to sc around until you are level with the first st again (usually 1 extra st for every 4 rows - I worked an extra 5 sc), sl st in next st, fasten off, weave in ends.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. I know some folks who will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! My buddy has been making the crap out of these and linked me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you like them, and please take a look at yoga socks #2 as well :)

      Delete